Our Real Estate attorneys recognize that real estate leasing is a unique area of real estate practice in that it must provide a framework for the ongoing relationship between the landlord and tenant. Our services include not only drafting and negotiating commercial leases but continuing to provide legal services once the lease relationship is in effect, such as preparing renewals and amendments, interpreting existing lease provisions in the event of a dispute and handling evictions.
Our commercial real estate leasing services include:
- Drafting lease forms for use by owners of office, retail, industrial space, and communications towers;
- Representing tenants in reviewing and negotiating leases for spaces in malls, shopping centers, and office space;
- Handling build-to-suit and development transactions;
- Representing landlords and tenants in transactions involving sale-leaseback, ground leases, assignments and subletting, rights of first refusal, options to purchase, expansion, renewal and extension and subordination, non-disturbance and attornment documentation; and
- Working in conjunction with attorneys from the Firm’s Litigation Section to resolve disputes which may arise from a lease such as dispossessory actions, lease defaults, and brokerage commission disputes.